Applications are open from February 4, 2020, 9:00 a.m. PST, to March 17, 2020, 2:00 p.m. PST.
Sundance Institute and Adobe are teaming up to find the next 10 Sundance Ignite Fellows—emerging filmmakers ages 18 to 25 who are creating stories that bring their passion, voice, and perspective to life. To choose this year's fellows, we're holding a short film challenge, asking filmmakers to submit a one- to fifteen-minute short that shows us their artistic vision and unique voice. Submissions aren't limited to any genre or topic—the only requirement is that they represent each filmmaker's perspective as an artist.
The Sundance Ignite program identifies and supports new voices and talent from the next generation of filmmakers by providing artistic and professional development to advance filmmakers to the next stage in their careers. The yearlong Sundance Ignite Fellowship is open to emerging documentary and narrative filmmakers. The fellowship begins with a weeklong lab in Los Angeles orienting filmmakers to the fellowship and year ahead. Throughout the year, filmmakers will:
- Work with a Sundance Institute alumni mentor.
- Attend the Sundance Film Festival.
- Receive an artist grant.
- Be eligible for internships and program opportunities.
- Receive a complimentary one-year Adobe Creative Cloud membership, where Creative Cloud is available.
- One entry per person.
- To enter the challenge, you must be between the ages of 18 and 25 as of March 17, 2020.
- Films submitted must be under 15 minutes long (including credits), and all work must be completed between August 1, 2018 and March 17, 2020.
- You can submit your film by uploading a copy of it to this site, or by linking to it on YouTube or Vimeo.
- The deadline to submit an application is March 17, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. PST.