What if Ross and Rachel didn’t end up together? What if the Fresh Prince took place in London? What if McDreamy had never died? This month’s challenge invites you to imagine a world of “what if?” Choose two primary characters from a favorite TV show that you've watched and write a new scene that would change everything in their relationship. The show can be currently on or off the air and in any genre. Feel free to play with the sense of time or setting as a way to create a special twist. Use your imagination! Your final submission should be no longer than 10 pages.
Your written work cannot exceed 10 pages.
Deadline to submit: March 1, 2021 at 2PM PT.
Our monthly challenges are open to everyone in the Sundance Co//ab community. One entry per person, per challenge. All submissions will be viewable to the community. All submissions will be given equal consideration and the final winner will be determined by the consensus of the designated Sundance judges.
Only those submissions that meet the criteria outlined in the submission guidelines can be selected as the winner.
The challenge closes on March 1, 2021 at 2PM PT.
If you have questions regarding the challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact members of the jury directly.
Winner will receive:
- The winner will have their work featured on Sundance Co//ab
- One-on-one mentorship session with a Sundance Advisor
- Sundance Co//ab Annual Creator Membership (12 months) which includes:
- Invitation to monthly Member-only Advisor Q&A Live webinar
- Opportunity to receive feedback from a Sundance Advisor on work-in-progress you post to Share Your Work
- Eligible to participate in online Writing Groups (coming soon)
- Final Draft screenwriting software (12-month license)
Runners-up (two will be selected) - Sundance Co//ab Annual Creator Membership (12 months)
One entry per person, per monthly challenge. The limits for monthly challenge submissions are the following: scripts – 10 page limit.
Scripts: PDF format only, please
Other: If your file format fits outside these formats, please contact us and we will see if we can accommodate it.
(Please do not use copyrighted material without permission as part of this monthly challenge.)