Accepting submissions:July 01, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Sound plays a vital role in telling a story in film. Beyond depicting what we see and lending a heightened sense of reality to a scene, sound can be used in bold and imaginative ways. A creative sound designer can make choices that are not obvious, going beyond the merely naturalistic to a more expressive dimension. Write a scene that provides an emotional landscape where sound can play a major role in telling the story. Please incorporate specific sounds in the scene that could aid a sound designer in producing your scene. Your submission can be in any genre (drama, comedy, action, horror, etc) and should be no more than 10 pages.
Your written work cannot exceed 10 pages.
Deadline to submit: July 31, 2020 at 2PM PT.
Our monthly challenges are open to everyone in the Sundance Co//ab community. One entry per person, per challenge. All submissions will be viewable to the community. All submissions will be given equal consideration and the final winner will be determined by the consensus of the designated Sundance judges.
Only those submissions that meet the criteria outlined in the submission guidelines can be selected as the winner.
The challenge closes on July 31, 2020 at 2PM PT.
Winner will receive:
- The winner will have their work featured on Sundance Co//ab
- One-on-one mentorship session with a Sundance Advisor
- Sundance Co//ab All Access Membership (12 months) which includes:
- Master Classes - One free registration in every monthly Master Class ($900 value)
- Online Courses - Save 50% on first live, online multi-week course and 25% on each subsequent online course (Fees apply)
- Member-only Events - Invitation to monthly Advisor Q&A Live webinar
- Live Events - Priority access to select live Sundance learning events
Runners-up (two will be selected) - Sundance Co//ab Annual Membership (12 months)
One entry per person, per monthly challenge. The limits for monthly challenge submissions are the following: scripts – 10 page limit.
Scripts: PDF format only, please
Other: If your file format fits outside these formats, please contact us and we will see if we can accommodate it.
(Please do not use copyrighted material without permission as part of this monthly challenge.)