CHRISTINA by Maddie
SEE ME by Edward A. Juice
During challenging times, there are always "helpers" to be found that remind us of the kindness of strangers. Write a scene/sequence about a character who experiences an "all is lost moment" who fortuitously receives the help of a stranger. You'll want to write the scene where everything changes for your protagonist, then introduce a secondary character who performs an act of kindness. This is a scene that might take place in the third act of a script and leads to a resolution that restores hope and possibility for the main character. We encourage you to exercise your creative muscles and write (no more than 10 pages) in any genre (drama, comedy, action, horror).
Your written work cannot exceed 10 pages.
Deadline to submit: April 30, 2020 at 12PM/Noon PT.
Our monthly challenges are open to everyone in the Sundance Co//ab community. One entry per person, per challenge. All submissions will be viewable to the community. All submissions will be given equal consideration and the final winner will be determined by the consensus of the designated Sundance judges.
Only those submissions that meet the criteria outlined in the submission guidelines can be selected as the winner.
The challenge closes on April 30, 2020 at 12PM/Noon PT.
Winner will receive:
- The winner will have their work featured on Sundance Co//ab
- One-on-one mentorship session with a Sundance Advisor
- Sundance Co//ab All Access Membership (12 months) which includes:
- Master Classes - One free registration in every monthly Master Class ($900 value)
- Online Courses - Save 50% on first live, online multi-week course and 25% on each subsequent online course (Fees apply)
- Member-only Events - Invitation to monthly Advisor Q&A Live webinar
- Live Events - Priority access to select live Sundance learning events
Runners-up (two will be selected) - Sundance Co//ab Annual Membership (12 months)
One entry per person, per monthly challenge. The limits for monthly challenge submissions are the following: scripts – 10 page limit.
Scripts: PDF format only, please
Other: If your file format fits outside these formats, please contact us and we will see if we can accommodate it.
(Please do not use copyrighted material without permission as part of this monthly challenge.)