Accepting submissions:January 02, 2020 - January 31, 2020
As a storyteller, you have the opportunity to imagine the world that you want to live in. Create a short video or write a sequence with a main character who is facing either an internal or external conflict to overcome. In your submission, show how this character rises to take agency, meet the challenge and make the change that will be transformative. This is a scene that would take place in the third act of a script and lead to the resolution.
Your written work cannot exceed 10 pages and short films should be under 8 minutes.
Deadline to submit: January 31, 2020 at 12PM/Noon PST.
Our monthly challenges are open to everyone in the Sundance Co//ab community. One entry per person, per challenge. All submissions will be viewable to the community. All submissions will be given equal consideration and the final winner will be determined by the consensus of the designated jurors.
Only those submissions that meet the criteria outlined in the submission guidelines can be selected as the winner.
The challenge deadline is January 31, 2020 at 12PM/Noon PST.
Winner will receive:
- The winner will have their work featured on the Sundance Co//ab and Humanitas sites and receive:
- One-on-one mentorship session with a Humanitas Advisor
- Sundance Co//ab All Access Co//ab Membership (12 months) which includes:
- Master Classes - One free registration in every monthly Master Class ($900 value)
- Online Courses - Save 50% on first live, online multi-week course and 25% on each subsequent online course (Fees apply)
- Member-only Events - Invitation to monthly Advisor Q&A Live webinar
- Live Events - Priority access to select live Sundance learning events
- One entry fee waived to the Humanitas New Voices screenplay competition
Runners-up (two will be selected) - Sundance Co//ab Annual Membership (12 months)
One entry per person, per monthly challenge. The limits for monthly challenge submissions are the following: scripts – 10 page limit; video – 8 minute limit.
Videos: Accepted video file formats: AVI , FLV, MOV, MP4 or MPEG-2. Note: If you choose to upload a .MOV file make sure that it is not using the Apple ProRes compression. We do not support reading Apple ProRes files or raw camera formats like ARRI and RED at this time.
Scripts: PDF format only, please
Other: If your file format fits outside these formats, please contact us and we will see if we can accommodate it.
(Please do not use copyrighted material without permission as part of this monthly challenge.)