Accepting submissions:August 01, 2020 - August 31, 2020
A "meet cute" is a cinematic term used to describe the pivotal moment when two characters meet for the first time under unique, comical, or charming circumstances that lead to a future romantic relationship. In light of current times, we're more heavily relying on digital technology as a way to meet new people. Write a scene/sequence about two people who experience a digital meet cute. In your submission, the characters should ideally meet for the first time in a humorous, embarrassing, uncommon, and/or conflicting manner that serves to set up their impending relationship later in the story. Your work should be no more than 10 pages.
Your written work cannot exceed 10 pages.
Deadline to submit: August 31, 2020 at 2PM PT.
Our monthly challenges are open to everyone in the Sundance Co//ab community. One entry per person, per challenge. All submissions will be viewable to the community. All submissions will be given equal consideration and the final winner will be determined by the consensus of the designated Sundance judges.
Only those submissions that meet the criteria outlined in the submission guidelines can be selected as the winner.
The challenge closes on August 31, 2020 at 2PM PT.
If you have questions regarding the challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact members of the jury directly.
Winner will receive:
- The winner will have their work featured on Sundance Co//ab
- One-on-one mentorship session with a Sundance Advisor
- Sundance Co//ab All Access Membership (12 months) which includes:
- Master Classes - One free registration in every monthly Master Class ($900 value)
- Online Courses - Save 50% on first live, online multi-week course and 25% on each subsequent online course (Fees apply)
- Member-only Events - Invitation to monthly Advisor Q&A Live webinar
- Live Events - Priority access to select live Sundance learning events
Runners-up (two will be selected) - Sundance Co//ab Annual Membership (12 months)
One entry per person, per monthly challenge. The limits for monthly challenge submissions are the following: scripts – 10 page limit.
Scripts: PDF format only, please
Other: If your file format fits outside these formats, please contact us and we will see if we can accommodate it.
(Please do not use copyrighted material without permission as part of this monthly challenge.)