The entertainment industry adage goes that comedy is the hardest genre to write. This three-hour, live, online master class with a celebrated comedy writer of TV and films will reveal the creative process of crafting scripts that engage audiences with humor and pathos. The class will focus on how to develop memorable characters, a strong story at the core of your screenplay and how to create successful comedic setups and payoffs.
Topics presented will include:
- Determining what genre of comedy works for your voice and story
- Developing memorable characters
- Writing comedic dialogue vs. writing comedic action
- Creating successful setups and payoffs
- Testing your material with audiences
- Finding collaborators
The Master Class will take place in our virtual classroom on Thursday, Aug 15 from 10:00AM - 1:00PM PST. Note: This date and time is subject to change.