Veteran Showrunners discuss the changing landscape of TV and how indie has a unique space in this expanding medium
- Indie TV is an art form, a proof of concept, and it's often creatives working for no money outside of the traditional system
- Indie episodic comprises many forms: mobile, television, streaming platforms, apps, new technology. Consider how your work is best experienced.
- Episodic creators are not beholden to traditional broadcast formats. Funding can come from anywhere; find the new buyers.
- Rely on cultural hooks – or even gimmicks – to break through the crowded entertainment market.
- There are niches for everything. Partner with creators who have already penetrated your niche audience.
Tags:TV / Digital SeriesFictionDirectingWritingCareer and Business StrategiesCreative ProducingDistribution & Marketing