International director Taika Waititi discusses how his roots in indie film prepared him to direct major Hollywood films
- The bigger the budget, the bigger the risks and the pressures.
- Remember you're making a movie for an audience and that they should be able to relate to it.
- No matter the budget, stick to your singular vision and voice and trust that they are valid.
- Believe in your experience and process and what you can uniquely bring to a film of any size.
- When working with editors, be patient with the process.