Emerging feature film directors share their mistakes and struggles along the way to creating their first fiction features.
- Financing is a challenge for everyone – don’t let lack of money derail your creativity.
- The process of making a film is mostly invisible.
- Start small–complete one project before moving on to the next one.
- Embrace failure – you will slowly get better at your craft over time
- Continue to challenge yourself and trust your instincts
Christina Choe's debut feature NANCY premiered at Sundance in the 2018 US Dramatic Competition, where it won the Waldo Salt Best Screenplay Award. Choe is currently developing her next feature film, an original TV series, and most recently directed episodes of Hulu’s THE ACT, and Jordan Peele’s reboot of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. more...
Jeremiah Zagar grew up in South Philly spending most afternoons in a dark movie theater or wandering the aisles of his local TLA video store. In 2008, he completed his first documentary, IN A DREAM, which screened theatrically across the US and in film festivals around the world. It was broadcast on HBO, shortlisted for an Academy Award and received two Emmy nominations, including "Best Documentary." more...