Legendary director and actress Joan Darling shares her wealth of experience and insights on directing actors and helping them achieve their best work.
- Allow your actors to experiment before making adjustments.
- Take acting lessons. It will increase empathy and improve communication skills.
- Make the whole script available to actors during the casting process so they understand the role in the context of the bigger story.
- Take yourself inside the structure of a scene from the perspective of an actor.
- You must be willing to go to the same emotional place you want your actors to go.
- The work ethic of an actor is revealed by how they prepare for a role.
- Create an atmosphere in which there are no mistakes, just opportunities for great moments.