What does a Producer actually do? Veteran producers describe their multi-faceted role through all stages of filmmaking and why Producers matter.
- A creative producer guides the project’s vision from start to finish.
- When pitching a project, passion for the story and team will attract investors more than numbers and spreadsheets.
- Empathy and listening are essential skills for a creative producer.
- Conflict has many roots – including hunger. Keep your crew fed.
- Find people who believe in your mission and hold onto them as future collaborators.
With over 18 years of experience in the motion picture industry, Nina Yang Bongiovi has produced a number of critically acclaimed films, including FRUITVALE STATION, DOPE, SONGS MY BROTHER TAUGHT ME, ROXANNE ROXANNE and SORRY TO BOTHER YOU with her producing partner, Forest Whitaker, under their banner Significant Productions. more...
Peter Saraf’s producing credits include LOVING, THREE GENERATIONS, THE KINGS OF SUMMER, ME HIM HER, SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, OUR IDIOT BROTHER, JACK GOES BOATING, SUNSHINE CLEANING, AWAY WE GO, IS ANYBODY THERE?, LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE, EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED, THE TRUTH ABOUT CHARLIE, ADAPTATION, ULEE'S GOLD, and the feature documentaries MANDELA, and THE AGRONOMIST. more...