Learn the hands-on tools of creative producing for independent fiction films – from development to financing to budgeting and more – with an accomplished producer as your guide. Participants should come prepared with a project that they plan to produce. This eight-week live online course will cover pitching and development, financing, scheduling, and festival strategy and distribution. Sessions include presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, July 9 - August 30
- SCHEDULE: Thursdays, 10AM - 12PM PT
- Extended first class session: Thursday, July 9, 10AM - 1PM PT
- Extended last class session: Thursday, August 20, 10AM - 1PM PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between August 24 - August 30
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, June 18, 2020
The application period for the course has ended. Watch the Sundance Co//ab newsletter for updates on future course offerings.