Learn the steps for developing a feature documentary--from conception and prep through production--with an accomplished documentary filmmaker as your guide. Participants should come prepared for this eight-week live, online course with a project that you plan to produce and/or direct. Crafting a compelling proposal for funders is a key goal of the course. Sessions include presentations, discussion, interactive exercises, and a panel discussion with documentary funders. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, July 8 - August 31
- SCHEDULE: Wednesdays, 10am - 12pm PT
- Extended first class session: Wednesday, July 8, 10am - 1pm PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between August 24-30
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 17 at 2pm PT
Course applications are now being accepted.
Click the yellow “Apply Now” button on the top right of the page.