Terms & Conditions
WIN A ONE-ON-ONE MENTORING SESSION WITH PRODUCER JENNIE LEW TUGEND
As part of our relationship with our Sundance Collab Members, Sundance Institute (“Sundance”) may offer sweepstakes or other prizes. If you participate in the All Access Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) you fully accept these general terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) and you acknowledge AND are representing that you fulfill all eligibility requirements.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND SUNDANCE COLLAB MEMBERS AS OF THE START DATE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS MUST BE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, OR AT LEAST NINETEEN (19) IF A RESIDENT OF NEBRASKA OR ALABAMA, OR AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) IF A RESIDENT OF MISSISSIPPI OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
4. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ENTRANT'S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO FULLY COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS. WINNING THE PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON FULFILLING ALL REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH HEREIN.
5. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Sundance Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
6. Employees or contractors of Sundance Institute (hereinafter, the “Sponsor”), and each of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies and dealers (such entities, hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Released Entities") and such employees' immediate family members and household members (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
7. ENTRY PERIOD: Entries will be accepted online starting on March 22, 2023 at 2:00 PM PDT and ending on March 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM PDT (the “Entry Period”). That is, all online entries must be received latest BY March 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM PDT.
8. HOW TO ENTER: All entrants may enter to win by (a)upgrading your Sundance Collab membership or (b) sending an email with your full legal name and preferred email address to email@example.com with the subject line “All Access Sweepstakes Entry.” INCOMPLETE, ROBOTIC, AUTOMATIC, PROGRAMMED, OR SIMILAR ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Only one (1) entry per person (i.e. per valid email address) shall be admitted, regardless of their method of entry. The entries of any persons attempting to enter more than once shall be discarded. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the account will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Terms & Conditions. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late. All materials submitted become and shall remain the sole property of Sponsor, who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received and which shall not be acknowledged or returned. Each individual who meets all applicable eligibility requirements set forth herein and who successfully completes the process of entering this Contest by means of any of the methods described above shall be deemed an “Entrant.”
9. THE PRIZE: A one-on-one mentoring session with our current Artist in Residence, Jennie Lew Tugend. The estimated value of the Prize is $100. The total Prize value will not exceed $5,000. The Prize may not be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash.
10. PRIZE RANDOM DRAWING: The Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be contacted at the email address provided by the Entrant.
11. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES: The Prize Winner will be contacted at the email address provided at point of entry. The Winner must respond to the email correspondence within 10 days of the initial email with the appropriate requested information. Requested information may include, but is not limited to, full name, date of birth, shipping address, and email address.
IF A SELECTED POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS & CONDITIONS WITHIN THE DESIGNATED PERIOD, IS INELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, OR DECLINES A PRIZE, THE POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND THE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO AN ALTERNATE WINNER IN A RANDOM DRAWING FROM AMONG ALL REMAINING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. ELIGIBILITY, AGE, AND CLAIMS MADE BY ANY POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION.
12. The Prize Winner will be responsible for paying any taxes and other expenses incurred, including any income taxes, sales or use taxes, value added taxes, or goods and services taxes.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By submitting an entry, all entrants and any Potential Prize Winners:
(a) agree to totally and completely release and hold harmless Sponsor and the other Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery, regardless of whether any claim(s) for loss or damage under this paragraph, or knowledge of the facts constituting such claim(s), exist at the time of entrant’s entry into the Sweepstakes or arise at any time thereafter;
(b) acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and the other Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, oral or written, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose;
(c) agree to fully comply with these Terms & Conditions;
(d) agree that Sponsor’s decisions related to the Sweepstakes and the distribution of the Prize is final; and
(e) agree that, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and its official partners may use the winner’s name in any manner and in any medium for promotional purposes without additional compensation, including posting in a winner’s list, except where prohibited by law, and agree that Sponsor may be required to disclose the winner’s name and address to federal or state regulatory authorities.
Any person found to be or attempting to (i) defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes, (ii) violate these Terms & Conditions, or (iii) act in a disruptive manner or with intent to threaten or harass any person, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be ineligible for the Prize and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, the entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and other Released Entities from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage to property or person that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (vi) lost, misdirected, late, or incomplete entries or for inaccurate entry information; or (vii) any theft, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES, EVEN IF SUCH LOSSES WERE FORESEEABLE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations of liability, so some or all of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
16. MISCELLANEOUS. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States.