The entertainment industry adage goes that comedy is the hardest genre to write. This three-hour, live, online master class with a celebrated comedy writer will reveal the creative process of crafting feature scripts that engage audiences with humor and pathos. The class will focus on how to develop compelling characters, a strong story at the core of your screenplay and how to create successful comedic setups and payoffs.
Topics presented will include:
- Embracing your comedic voice
- Developing compelling characters and story
- Writing comedic dialogue and action
- Creating successful setups and payoffs
- Testing your material with audiences
- Finding collaborators
The Master Class will take place in our virtual classroom on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm PT.