Writing Comedy for Film & TV (On Demand)
On Demand Course
This is an On Demand course. On Demand courses allow you to watch pre-recorded lectures at your own pace, with curated resources and other materials to support your work. You can begin taking this course at any time.
In order to serve more of the Sundance Collab community, we developed this On Demand course from existing live online course content. By doing so, we are able to offer Writing Comedy for Film & TV (On Demand) at a price that allows more people to benefit from the course content.
Comedy is arguably an essential part of the human experience. Finding the funny in the mundane, the absurd, and even the most tragic keeps the world from falling into complete despair. Crafting the funny is an art form that few writers have successfully mastered.
In this on-demand course, you will learn from accomplished writers about how to find your own comedic voice and will have the opportunity to engage in writing exercises. By the end of the course, you will have a deeper understanding of what comedy is, what tools you have at your disposal, how to find the funny in your own work, and how to break into the comedy writing profession.
- Module 1: Finding Your Voice with Colleen Werthmann
- Module 2: Writing Workshop with Ed Decter
- Module 3: Comedy Overview with LaMont Ferrell
- Module 4: Being a Working Comedy Writer with LaMont Ferrell
- Module 5: Building a Career in Comedy with Brittani Nichols
View the Outline tab for more details on the course.
This course is ideal for:
- screenwriters interested in learning more about the comedy genre
- directors who want to gain a better understanding of what makes a great comedy
- comedians who are interested in writing for film or television and want a deeper understanding of how to transition to a visual medium
All course videos are closed-captioned. For other accommodations and support services, please email us at email@example.com.