Screenwriting: Writing Your Third Act (Aug. 2020)
Live Online Learning
Learn how to give shape and form to the third act of your feature-length screenplay with experienced screenwriters as your guides. In this intensive live, online course, you will complete the third act of your screenplay through lectures, assignments and small group workshops.
In lecture sessions, you will discuss successful screenplays’ third acts, watch how they move from script to screen, and discuss core concepts. You will then move into a small group breakout session with a course advisor where you will workshop your writing, and those of your peers, and work to complete your third act. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with your advisor focused on your project.
By the end of the course, you will:
- sharpen your understanding of screenplay structure, specifically the third act.
- review and apply techniques to rewrite your script.
- learn how to give notes to your peers and process notes from your peers and advisors.
This course is ideal for:
- writers who have completed the first two acts of their feature-length screenplay and are looking for guidance from experienced screenwriters completing their third act.
- writers who have completed a full draft of their feature-length screenplay, but want to receive more formal education about the structure of the third act and/or want to take their third act into a workshop setting.
Course enrollment is capped at 36 participants, with a participant-to-advisor ratio of no more than 9-1. To apply, you should have completed Sundance Co//ab’s Screenwriting: Writing Your Second Act OR the first two acts of the screenplay you plan to work on in class.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, August 17 - October 18
- SCHEDULE: Mondays, 10:30am - 1:00pm PT
- First class session: Monday, August 17, 10:30am - 1:00pm PT
- NO CLASS: Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)
- Last class session: Monday, October 5, 10:30am - 1:00pm PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between October 12 - 18
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 10 at 2pm PT
Applications are now closed.
Have questions? We would be happy to answer them. Contact us anytime at email@example.com.