Screenwriting: Rewriting Your Feature
Now Accepting Applications
Sundance Collab offers a robust collection of online courses in the Sundance spirit of amplifying your independent voice as a storyteller. Join our global community to hone your craft, network with other creators, and develop career strategies to help you navigate the film and television industry.
Revise your feature film screenplay, with an accomplished screenwriter as your guide. In this intensive live, eight-week online course, you will rewrite your screenplay through assignments and feedback from small group workshops.
In class sessions, you will examine successful screenplays, gain a deeper understanding of core screenwriting concepts and how they move from script to screen. You will then move into a small group breakout session with a course advisor where you will workshop your writing and those of your peers, and continue to revise your script. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with your advisor focused on your project.
By the end of the course, you will:
- sharpen your understanding of screenplay structure.
- hone your major dramatic question.
- refine the world and tone for your screenplay.
- further develop your characters, their dramatic problems, and antagonists.
- sharpen your dialogue.
- learn how to give notes to your peers and process notes from your peers and advisors.
- understand how to approach a rewrite.
This course is ideal for:
- writers who have completed a draft of their feature-length screenplay and are looking for guidance from other writers and/or experienced screenwriters in revising their screenplay.
- writers who have completed a full draft of their feature-length screenplay and want to receive more formal education about screenwriting and/or want to take their work into a workshop setting.
Participants will be placed in small group workshops of about nine. To apply, you should have completed a draft of the screenplay you plan to work on in the course. We recommend that you complete Sundance Collab’s Screenwriting: Core Elements, Screenwriting: From Outline to First Act and Screenwriting: Completing Your First Draft, prior to taking this course.
Sundance Collab provides accommodations and support services to participants with disabilities. Accommodations and services are designed to meet the needs of each participant. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange for services.
This course is a part of the Sundance Collab Screenwriting Track which includes the following courses:
- Screenwriting: Crafting Your Short Film
- Screenwriting: Core Elements (Self-paced)
- Screenwriting: From Outline to First Act
- Screenwriting: Beyond the First Act - Finishing Your First Draft
- Screenwriting: Crafting Your Comedy Feature
- Screenwriting: Crafting Your Horror Feature
- Screenwriting: Crafting Your Sci-Fi Feature
The notes I received from my group but especially my advisor will help me in revisions I'm making to my script. I also felt that I honed my skills to give feedback/notes on scripts going forward.
—Elizabeth B., Los Angeles, CA, USA