Master Classes are in-depth, interactive learning experiences focused on craft and career building and led by renowned industry experts. Topics include fiction and documentary filmmaking, TV writing and production, and navigating and succeeding in the entertainment industry.
Short films are an essential part of a filmmaker’s portfolio. A short can get you into a film festival to find your audience, act as your calling card to get hired as a director, serve as proof of concept for a feature film, and maybe even get nominated for awards. But the road to get there can feel overwhelming. How do you secure the funds to make your vision come true? How do you find the actors who will bring it to life? And finally, what should you do with it when it’s done?
If you’re a Director or a Producer trying to get your short made, this Master Class is for you. In this live and interactive three-hour event, Academy Award-winning film Producer, Andrew Carlberg, will give you an overview of the process from start to finish, discuss his vast experience working in the short film world, and answer questions about getting your film made and seen.
Topics covered include:
- 00:00 - 05:00: Welcome and introduction from Sundance Collab
- 04:55 - 08:24: Introduction and overview from Andrew
- 08:24 - 16:25: Finding your collaborators
- 16:25 - 29:15 Scheduling and budgeting
- 29:15- 43:17: Fundraising
- 43:17 - 58:35: Q&A
- 58:35 - 1:09:15: Casting
- 1:09:15 - 1:25:54: Production
- 1:26:41 - 1:39:34: Q&A
- 1:39:34 - 1:50:46: Post-production
- 1:50:46 - 2:03:00: Film festivals
- 2:03:00 - 2:19:07: The awards circuit
- 2:19:07 - 2:27:11: Distribution
- 2:27:11 - 2:42:30: Q&A
- 2:42:30 - 2:46:49: Final Announcements