Master Class Archive: Filmmaker's Legal Toolkit: From Protecting IP Through Negotiating Distribution
Live Online Learning
Every filmmaker needs a Legal Toolkit to help maneuver through the complex field of intellectual rights acquisition and protection. In this live, three-hour, online master class, Janis Nelson, General Counsel at the Sundance Institute, moderates a panel discussion for producers, directors and screenwriters, which will reveal what you need to know about managing - and protecting - intellectual property from development through distribution.
Topics presented will include:
- How the law and filmmaking intersect
- The concept of intellectual property
- Copyright law
- 1st Amendment rights, including life rights
- The international landscape of rights
- Licensing rights
- Sales agents
- The back-end
- Useful resources (online and industry-based)
Have questions? We would be happy to answer them. Contact us anytime at email@example.com.