Learn advanced tips from acclaimed director Jay Roach as he takes you behind the scenes to share his preparation and techniques for filming the elevator scene in BOMBSHELL.
This video was produced in partnership with StudioBinder - Production management software for creatives and filmmakers.
- Show, don’t tell. Use image and action to wordlessly convey story.
- Use extras wisely to fill out a scene and keep it from feeling too “stage-y”.
- Determine the essentials of a scene and capture them by storyboarding.
- Long lens with a shallow focus can help viewer feel empathy with character.
- Choreographing is essential to keep viewers oriented.
- Script and story have priority over technology and techniques.