Directing: Visual Storytelling
Live online course
Learn how to tell your story visually and hone your unique creative voice with experienced directors as your guides. In this live online course, you will develop an in-depth lookbook which will be reviewed by your advisor and is designed to showcase your visual style for your film or series. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project and questions you may have about the field.
What you bring to the course:
- a project that you plan to direct.
What you’ll get from the course:
- How to examine your script from a visual perspective.
- How to make visual decisions and determine the style for your project.
- Techniques for communicating your vision to different audiences.
- Tools for research and pre-visualization.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of composition, camera movement, color, lenses and lighting, and how they shape your story.
This course will:
- offer opportunities for designated homework to be reviewed by a Sundance Advisor.
- offer opportunities to share your work with others in your course.
- connect you with other creators via a discussion board where you can talk through core concepts and share your work.
- conclude with a one-on-one mentoring session with your advisor.
Course enrollment is approximately 50 participants per session, with a participant to advisor ratio of 12-to-1.
Scholarships are currently unavailable for this course.
Sundance Collab provides accommodations and support services to participants with disabilities. Accommodations and services are designed to meet the needs of each participant. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange for services.