Creator Meetups feature candid discussions with artists and media professionals around timely and critical issues in the film and television industry such as on-set safety and BIPOC representation, followed by breakout groups where Collab community members can meet and continue the conversation.
This month’s Creator Meetup will focus on bolstering your mental health as an independent filmmaker. The long hours, low wages, and career uncertainty of independent filmmaking can make it a challenging calling. Coupled with the isolation of COVID over the past two years and the loss of work and income throughout the field, many independent filmmakers are struggling financially and mentally. In this conversation, Malikkah Rollins, co-founder of DocuMentality, a new mental health initiative for the documentary community, will offer insights and guidance on how to maintain your mental health while working in the turbulent world of filmmaking.
Mental Health Resources for Filmmakers
- The Whole Picture Toolkit: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Mentally Healthy Production
- YEA! Mental Health Resources for Filmmakers: A comprehensive list of mental health resources for filmmakers from Young Entertainment Activists
- Everything to Know About Intimacy Coordinators in Film + TV from BackstageFest
- Intimacy Coordinators of Color
- Consent in Gaming from Monte Cook Games
- Head Above Water Podcast
PDFs shared by Malikkah Rollins during the event: