Learn how to create and launch a compelling, original short digital series from concept to marketing. In this live, 8-week online course, you will write your digital pilot, create a series outline, learn how to pitch, fundraise, and bring your series to an audience. Sessions include live pilot reads, peer feedback sessions on your pilot and season arc, and guest speakers. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project and next steps.
By the end of the course, you will learn:
- What makes a great digital series?
- How is a digital series different than a television series?
- How to craft a pilot, break a season and develop a series arc
- Formats, buyers and platforms (ex: YouTube, TikTok, etc.)
- How to pitch your project
- Financing your series
- How to find and build an audience
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, July 24 - September 14
- SCHEDULE: Friday, 10am - 12pm PT
- Extended first class session: Friday, July 24, 10am - 12:30pm PT
- Extended last class session: Friday, September 4, 10am - 12:30pm PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between September 7-13
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, July 13 at 2pm PT
Course applications are now being accepted.
Click the yellow “Apply Now” button on the top right of the page.