Learn how to bring a scene from script to screen with your unique vision—the essence of film and television directing. Join DGA Award-winning and Emmy-nominated director and producer Lesli Linka Glatter (“Homeland”, “The Walking Dead”, “Mad Men”) in a live, three-hour, online Master Class as she shares her approach to creative decision-making and reveals the process of blocking and designing complex, cinematic scenes for some of television’s most beloved shows.
- How all creative decisions flow from story and characters
- Using storyboards and shotlists to communicate your vision
- Real-world examples of scene development and direction
- On-set dynamics with key collaborators
- Breaking into a rapidly changing industry
We will also take a deep dive into the creation of scenes from two episodes of television directed by Lesli Linka-Glatter. Lesli suggests watching the full episodes in advance if possible. These episodes are:
1. HOMELAND, Season 5, episode 2: "Tradition of Hospitality"
2. MAD MEN, Season 3, episode 6: "Guy Walks Into an Advertising Agency"
All Sundance Co//ab Master Classes are recorded and will be available for all registrants after the live event. Please allow up to 24 hours after the live event for the recording to be posted.