Anna Rose Holmer
Anna Rose Holmer is the 2017 Independent Spirit Award Someone to Watch winner and one of Filmmaker Magazine’s 25 New Faces of Independent Film 2015. Her critically acclaimed narrative directorial debut, The Fits (Venice 2015, Sundance 2016), was released with Oscilloscope Laboratories in 2016 and nominated for Breakthrough Director at the 2016 Gotham Awards as well Best First Feature at the 2017 Independent Spirit Awards.
She produced Jody Lee Lipes’s Ballet 422 (Tribeca 2014) and Mike Plunkett’s Salero (IDFA 2015). With filmmaker Matt Wolf, Anna Rose co-directed and produced A Ballet in Sneakers: Jerome Robbins and Opus Jazz, a companion documentary to NY Export: Opus Jazz, (SXSW 2010 Emerging Visions Audience Award) which aired on the PBS Great Performances/Dance in America Series.
Artist's Chosen Interview:
Filmmaker Magazine interview with Anna, Lisa Kjerulff (Co-writer, Producer) and Saela Davis (Co-writer, Editor)
- The Creative Independent interview archives
- Kanopy (free streaming via libraries)
- Notes on the Cinematographer by Robert Bresson
- A Man with a Camera by Nestor Almendros
- DANCE // Documents of Contemporary Art edited by André Lepecki
- Complete Stories by Clarice Lispector
- async Ryuichi Sakamoto
- Go see dance performances live!