Join award-winning composer Kathryn Bostic (TONI MORRISON: THE PIECES I AM, CLEMENCY), Minnesota composer Ryan Elder and publicist Chandler Poling (RICK AND MORTY), and Sundance Institute Film Music Program artists documentarian Jennifer Maytorena Taylor and composer Emily Rice (FOR THE LOVE OF RUTLAND) for conversation that includes:
- Inclusion and diversity in the entertainment industry
- Collaborating and working remotely during COVID-19
- Navigating a career in the entertainment industry outside of LA and NY
- The creative working relationship between various storytellers and composer
- Exploring the anatomy of a musical cue across comedy, animation, drama, and nonfiction
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS
This program is presented by Sundance Institute and is made possible by generous support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy. For more, visit kf.org.
Learn more about the Knight Fellows Project and other upcoming events at Sundance.org/Knight.
This event was originally scheduled to take place in St. Paul, Minnesota, and we thank the Twin Cities–based organizations we collaborated with: FilmNorth, The St. Paul Conservatory of Music, American Composers Forum, and the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival.