TV Writing: Mapping Your Series
Sundance Collab offers a robust collection of online courses in the Sundance spirit of amplifying your independent voice as a storyteller. Join our global community to hone your craft, network with other creators, and develop career strategies to help you navigate the film and television industry.
Learn how to give shape and form to your TV series. In this intensive live, online workshop, you will move from your pilot to a detailed first season outline and series overview.
In class sessions, you will discuss successful series and the core elements of TV writing. You will then move into a small group breakout session with a course advisor where you will workshop your series and those of your peers, and work to complete your original season one outline and series overview. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with your advisor to get feedback on your work.
By the end of the course, you will:
- review the foundations of serialized and episodic storytelling.
- develop your character and story arcs.
- create an outline and series overview for season one.
- understand how to lead and work in a Writers’ Room.
- learn how to give notes to your peers and process notes from your peers and advisors.
This course is ideal for:
- television writers who have a draft of an original pilot and are looking to further develop their story and character arcs and gain an understanding of working in a Writers’ Room.
Participants will be placed in small group workshops of nine to ten writers. To apply, you must have completed a draft of an original pilot that you will work on in the course. We recommend that you complete Sundance Collab’s TV Writing: Core Elements, TV Writing: From Outline to Pilot (fka TV Writing: Crafting Your Pilot) and TV Writing: Rewriting Your Pilot prior to taking this course.
Space is limited. Applications for this course are considered as they are received and applicants are accepted on a rolling basis until the course is full or the deadline has passed, whichever comes first.
Sundance Collab provides accommodations and support services to participants with disabilities. Accommodations and services are designed to meet the needs of each participant. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for services.
This course is a part of the Sundance Collab TV Writing Track which includes the following courses:
- TV Writing: Core Elements
- TV Writing: From Outline to Pilot Draft
- TV Writing: Rewriting Your Pilot
- TV Writing: Mapping Your SeriesYou are currently viewing this item's details.
Have questions? View our FAQ section or contact us anytime at email@example.com.