Learn the foundational elements of writing a comedy screenplay with an accomplished screenwriter as your guide. In this live, online course, you will develop a premise into a treatment that can be used to write your first draft. These eight weeks will cover character arcs, comedy structure, situations, motivations, set pieces, and the different types of comedy. Sessions include presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, May 21 - July 12
- SCHEDULE: Thursdays, 9am - 11am PT
- Extended first class session: Thursday, May 21, 9am - 12pm PT
- Extended last class session: Thursday, July 2, 9am - 11:30am PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between July 6 - 12
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, May 7 at 2pm PT
Course applications are now being accepted.
Click the yellow “Apply Now” button on the top right of the page.