Making a documentary film is a journey that rarely ends how the filmmaker expected it to. So how do you successfully navigate that journey? Join Academy Award-winning director Roger Ross Williams (“The Apollo”, “Life, Animated”, “God Loves Uganda”) in a live, three-hour, online Master Class as he reveals the creative process of discovering and shaping true stories into compelling documentary films.
Topics presented include:
- Researching your topic to uncover story angles
- Finding and revealing dynamic characters
- Discovering your story’s possibilities
- Making story-driven choices in production
- Shaping the narrative in post-production