Master Classes are in-depth, interactive learning experiences focused on craft and career building and led by renowned industry experts. Topics include fiction and documentary filmmaking, TV writing and production, and navigating and succeeding in the entertainment industry.
The entertainment industry adage goes that comedy is the hardest genre to write. This three-hour, live, online master class with a celebrated comedy writer of TV and films revealed the creative process of crafting scripts that engage audiences with humor and pathos. The class focused on how to develop memorable characters, a strong story at the core of your screenplay and how to create successful comedic setups and payoffs.
Topics presented included:
- Determining what genre of comedy works for your voice and story
- Developing memorable characters
- Writing comedic dialogue vs. writing comedic action
- Creating successful setups and payoffs
- Testing your material with audiences
- Finding collaborators
Please watch the watch the pilot episode of Barry prior to attending this class. Available on multiple platforms.