Join Oscar-nominated screenwriter Robin Swicord, whose credits include the adaptations of LITTLE WOMEN (1994), MATILDA, MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA, and THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON, in our first live event dedicated to adapting a screenplay from source material. In this three-hour live Master Class, Robin will share her insights into the art of dramatic writing, the process of adapting material for the screen, and defining the cinematic elements that best reflect the essence and core of the story and characters.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying the story’s inherent dramatic elements
- Building theme and narrative
- Axioms and diagnostic tools for working with an adaptation
- Finding your beginning, middle, and end
- Creating a strong protagonist and antagonist
- Developing a story that lives in a different historical time and world
All Sundance Co//ab Master Classes are recorded and will be available for all registrants after the live event. Please allow up to 24 hours after the live event for the recording to be posted.
If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in this event, please complete this form, contact us at (435) 776-7900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific needs. Every effort will be made to accommodate advance requests; requests made within 5 days of the event may not be guaranteed.