Learn how to develop successful producing strategies for major aspects of getting your independent fiction film made and seen, with an accomplished producer as your guide. This eight-week live online course is for emerging and working producers. Sessions include presentations, case studies, discussion, interactive exercises, and small group problem-solving sessions based on each participant’s individual project needs. It concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with the lead instructor or course advisor focused on your project. Participants should come prepared with a project that they are currently producing.
Topics covered include:
- Creative problem-solving
- Financing Strategy
- Structuring legal agreements
- Paths to Distribution
- Collaborating with diverse talent
- Building an ethical practice
Eligibility requirement: Produced at least one feature-length narrative project or several short films OR Completion of Sundance Co//ab Producing: Core Elements course and active pursuit of a film producing career.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, May 13 - July 5
- SCHEDULE: Wednesdays, 8AM - 10AM PT
- Extended first class session: Wednesday, May 13, 8AM - 11AM PT
- Regular class sessions: May 20, 27, June 3, 10, 17, 24
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between June 29 - July 5
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Click the yellow “Apply Now” button on the top right of the page.