The application period for the course has ended. Watch the Sundance Co//ab newsletter for updates on future course offerings.
Learn how to develop successful producing strategies for major aspects of getting your independent fiction film made and seen, with an accomplished producer as your guide. This eight-week live online course is for emerging and working producers. Sessions include presentations, case studies, discussion, interactive exercises, and small group problem-solving sessions based on each participant’s individual project needs. It concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with the lead instructor or course advisor focused on your project. Participants should come prepared with a project that they are currently producing.
Topics covered include:
- Creative problem-solving
- Financing Strategy
- Structuring legal agreements
- Paths to Distribution
- Collaborating with diverse talent
- Building an ethical practice
Eligibility requirement: Produced at least one feature-length narrative project or several short films OR Completion of Sundance Co//ab Producing: Core Elements course and active pursuit of a film producing career.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, May 13 - July 5
- SCHEDULE: Wednesdays, 8AM - 10AM PT
- Extended first class session: Wednesday, May 13, 8AM - 11AM PT
- Regular class sessions: May 20, 27, June 3, 10, 17, 24
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between June 29 - July 5