Creator Meetups feature candid discussions with artists and media professionals around timely and critical issues in the film and television industry such as on-set safety and BIPOC representation, followed by breakout groups where Collab community members can meet and continue the conversation.
For this Creator Meetup, Director of Sustainability at HBO & HBO Max, Heidi Kindberg, will share best practices and provide industry insight for running a green film production. Moderated by Andrew Robinson of Green Spark Group, join us to learn more about how you can make your next production more environmentally sustainable.
This online event will be recorded and available in our video library for all members after the live event. (Post-event breakout rooms are not recorded). Please allow up to 24 hours after the live event for the recording to be posted.
If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in this event, please complete this form, contact us at (435) 776-7790 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific needs. Every effort will be made to accommodate advance requests; requests made within 5 days of the event may not be guaranteed.
Sustainable Production Resources for Filmmakers (mentioned throughout the conversation):
- Green Production Guide: Created by studios and industry professionals, the GPG is a set of tools and resources to help filmmakers plan, communicate, implement and track sustainable production practices and reduce the environmental impact of their projects.
- Green Film School Alliance: A collaboration of leading film schools which have united to integrate industry-level sustainable production practices into their programs. GFSA developed the “PEACHy,” a comprehensive list of relevant sustainable production actions, modeled after the GPG. Great for student led or independent productions with lower budgets.
- Green Spark Group: A full service sustainability agency, leading the industry through its evolution towards sustainable practices. This page outlines what sustainable production is and resources for filmmakers to achieve sustainability in their productions.
- Albert Planet Placement: A creative guide on how to put the planet and sustainability messaging into content.
- Sustainable Production Forum: A one of a kind conference centering around sustainability in the media sector. This annual event gathers talent, crew, studio executives, industry leaders, and climate activists alike to engage productions in making sustainable choices on the road to decarbonization.
- Environmental Media Association Green Seal: The EMA Green Seal is a recognition program honoring progress in sustainable production for movies, television shows (animated and live action) filmed commercials and print advertising.
- HBO Max Raised By Wolves Season 2 Reel: A case study look at sustainable production on the Raised By Wolves Season 2 set. Watch sustainable production in practice!
- Warner Media Sustainability: A comprehensive overview of WarnerMedia’s sustainability practices and initiatives.