Learn the steps for creating your short film from defining your creative vision and refining your script through assembling your cast and crew, production planning, and post-production. A Sundance award-winning filmmaker will guide this eight-week fundamentals course which is ideal for writer/directors looking to make their first short fiction film. You should come with a completed draft of a short film script (up to 15 pages) that you want to make. Sessions include presentations, interactive exercises, a guest session with a short film programmer from the Sundance Film Festival, and a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, Jul 21 - Sep 13
- SCHEDULE: Tuesdays, 10AM - 12PM PT
- Extended first class session: Tuesday, July 21, 10AM - 1PM PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions: Sep 7 - 13
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 30 at 2pm PT
The application period for the course has ended. Watch the Sundance Co//ab newsletter for updates on future course offerings.