The application period for the course has ended. Watch the Sundance Co//ab newsletter for updates on future course offerings.
Learn the steps for creating your short film from defining your creative vision and refining your script through assembling your cast and crew, production planning, and post-production. A Sundance award-winning filmmaker will guide this eight-week fundamentals course which is ideal for writer/directors looking to make their first short fiction film. You should come with a completed draft of a short film script (up to 15 pages) that you want to make. Sessions include presentations, interactive exercises, a guest session with a short film programmer from the Sundance Film Festival, and a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, April 13 - June 14
- SCHEDULE: Mondays, 10am - 12pm PT
- Extended first class session: Monday, April 13, 10am - 1pm PT
- No Class Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between June 8 - 14
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 30 at 2pm PT