In Advisor Studio sessions, Sundance Collab Advisors share field experiences and insights into their specific areas of craft, including writing, directing and producing for TV and film.
Producing is an often misunderstood profession. From script development, packaging, and pitching to working with actors, directors, and executives, the landscape is complex and producers have to wear many hats.
As former co-president of Dolly Parton and Sandy Gallin's production company, Sandollar, and as a successful independent producer, Carol Baum is an expert in the art of film production. In her new book, Creative Producing: A Pitch to Picture Guide to Movie Development, she uses her extensive career to share what she wished she knew when she was starting out. Join Carol in this Advisor Studio as she discusses how to navigate your career as a producer in an evolving industry.
Filmography of Carol Baum
- 1984 - Reckless (executive producer)
- 1986 - A Smoky Mountain Christmas (TV Movie) (supervising producer)
- 1988 - Dead Ringers (executive producer)
- 1988 - Tidy Endings (TV Movie) (executive producer)
- 1989 - Common Threads: Stories from the Quilt (Documentary) (executive producer)
- 1989 - Gross Anatomy (executive producer)
- 1989 - Jacknife (producer)
- 1991 - Father of the Bride (producer)
- 1991 - True Identity (producer)
- 1992 - A Stranger Among Us (executive producer)
- 1992 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (executive producer)
- 1992 - Shining Through (producer)
- 1992 - Straight Talk (executive producer)
- 1994 - I.Q. (producer)
- 1995 - Father of the Bride Part II (executive producer)
- 1995 - Kicking and Screaming (executive producer)
- 1996 - Fly Away Home (producer)
- 1997 - The Only Thrill (executive producer)
- 1998 - The Wonderful World of Disney (TV Series) (executive producer—“Tourist Trap”)
- 1999 - Snow Falling on Cedars (executive producer)
- 2000 - Waterproof (executive producer)
- 2001 - My First Mister (producer)
- 2002 - The Good Girl (executive producer)
- 2003 - Carolina (producer)
- 2004 - Sexual Life (producer)
- 2007 - You Kill Me (producer)
- 2008 - $5 a Day (producer)
- 2011 - Last Call at the Oasis (Documentary) (executive producer)
- 2014 - Zapped (Disney TV Movie) (executive producer)
- 2014 - Boychoir (producer)
- 2015 - Just in Time for Christmas (Hallmark TV Movie) (executive producer)
- 2018 - A Majestic Christmas (Hallmark TV Movie) (executive producer)
- 2022 - A Jolly Good Christmas (Hallmark TV Movie) (executive producer)
- 2023 - Family History Mysteries: Buried Past (Hallmark TV Movie) (executive producer)
If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in this event, please complete this form, contact us at (435) 776-7790 or email us at email@example.com to discuss your specific needs. Every effort will be made to accommodate advance requests; requests made within 5 days of the event may not be guaranteed.
Live event registration for Sundance Collab Advisor Studios is free of charge. A recording of this event will be posted on this page within 24 hours. All members who registered can watch the recording for 48 hours after it is posted. After that, on-demand access to this recording can be purchased for $5.