PROGRAM OVERVIEW: 2020 Short Film Intensive: Miami
The 2020 Short Film Intensive: Miami is a two-day digital workshop (May 8–9) for short film creators focused on taking their projects to the next level in terms of quality and festival distribution. You will receive advice on your project and career insights from working industry professionals and Mike Plante, senior programmer for short film at the Sundance Film Festival.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE: Summary
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm ET: Opening Session led by Mike Plante
- 1:45pm - 2:30pm ET: Festival Panel Discussion + Q&A
- 2:30pm - 2:45pm ET: 15-minute Break
- 2:45pm - 4:00pm ET: Advisor Panel Discussion + Q&A
- 4:00pm - 4:15pm ET: Closing Group Discussion
- 1:00pm - 1:15pm ET: Welcome Back
- 1:15pm - 2:15pm ET: One-on-One Advisor Meetings Session #1
- 2:15pm - 2:30pm ET: 15-minute Break
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm ET: One-on-One Advisor Meetings Session #2
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm ET: Closing Discussion
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS
This program is presented by Sundance Institute and is made possible by generous support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
The John S.and James L. Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy. For more, visit kf.org
Learn more about the Knight Fellows Project and other upcoming events at Sundance.org/Knight.
This program is presented in collaboration with Oolite Arts.
Oolite Arts helps Miami-based artists advance their careers and inspires the cultural community to engage with their work. Established in 1984, Oolite Arts is both a community and a resource, providing visual artists with the studio space, exhibition opportunities and financial support they need to experiment, grow and enrich the city. Through its educational programming, Oolite Arts helps Miamians learn about contemporary art and develop their own artistic skills. For more, visit oolitearts.org.
Outreach Supporters: AFRIKIN, Art Miami, Arts & Business Council of Miami, CineVisun, FilmGate Miami, Miami Film Festival, Miami Jewish Film Festival, O Cinema, South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, YoungArts