Storytelling is transcendent. Director of the New Frontier Labs Program Kamal Sinclair shares how artists are using technology and innovating the art and form of storytelling.
- There are many ways to tell stories; extract the story you’re trying to tell in your unique voice.
- You don’t need to be an expert in everything; find great collaborators to tell innovative stories.
- Research and understand the deep history of new technology when developing your ideas.
- Be bold and courageous in your work; there are no boundaries.
- As a creator, you have the opportunity to contribute and find new ways to use technology, and to ask a question that hasn’t been answered.
- When selecting projects for New Frontier, the story and the story experience are most important.
New Frontier, Sundance Director
Kamal Sinclair is the director of Sundance Institute's New Frontier Lab Programs, a consultant to the Ford Foundation's JustFilms program, and an artist and producer on the transmedia art project QUESTION BRIDGE: BLACK MALES.