Showrunners and Advisors Lena Waithe and Tom Fontana discuss what it takes to break into writing for episodic television.
- There are a lot of mediocre scripts out there, but the best will rise to the top.
- Be honest in your work. Listen, take risks, and don't hold back.
- Push the envelope, but make sure your work connects to an audience on a human level.
- Put in the work – great writers learn more about the craft with every script they write.
- Listen to feedback, but ultimately your story belongs to you.