Course applications are now being accepted.
Learn how to give shape and form to the third act of your feature-length screenplay with experienced screenwriters as your guides. In this intensive live, online course, you will complete the third act of your screenplay through lectures, assignments and small group workshops.
In class sessions, you will discuss successful screenplays’ third acts, watch how they move from script to screen, and discuss core concepts. You will then move into a small group breakout session with a course advisor where you will workshop your writing, and those of your peers, and work to complete your third act. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with your advisor focused on your project.
By the end of the course, you will:
- sharpen your understanding of screenplay structure, specifically the third act.
- review and apply techniques to rewrite your script.
- learn how to give notes to your peers and process notes from your peers and advisors.
This course is ideal for:
- writers who have completed the first two acts of their feature-length screenplay and are looking for guidance from experienced screenwriters completing their third act.
- writers who have completed a full draft of their feature-length screenplay, but want to receive more formal education about the structure of the third act and/or want to take their third act into a workshop setting.
- Participants will be placed in small group workshops of about nine. To apply, you should have a completed draft of the first two acts of a feature-length screenplay you want to work on in class. We recommend that you complete Sundance Co//ab’s Screenwriting: Core Elements prior to taking this course.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
Sundance Co//ab provides accommodations and support services to participants with disabilities. Accommodations and services are designed to meet the needs of each participant. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange for services.
Further course details are forthcoming.
Click the yellow “Apply Now” button on the top right of the page.