Screenwriting: Writing Your Third Act (Oct. 2021)
Live Online Learning
Course applications are now closed. APPLICATION DEADLINE WAS: Thursday, September 23 at 2pm PT.
Acceptances start after the deadline, and occur on a rolling basis.
Learn how to give shape and form to the third act of your feature-length screenplay with experienced screenwriters as your guides. In this intensive live, online course, you will complete the third act of your screenplay through lectures, assignments and small group workshops.
In class sessions, you will discuss successful screenplays’ third acts, watch how they move from script to screen, and discuss core concepts. You will then move into a small group breakout session with a course advisor where you will workshop your writing, and those of your peers, and work to complete your third act. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with your advisor focused on your project.
By the end of the course, you will:
- sharpen your understanding of screenplay structure, specifically the third act.
- review and apply techniques to rewrite your script.
- learn how to give notes to your peers and process notes from your peers and advisors.
This course is ideal for:
- writers who have completed the first two acts of their feature-length screenplay and are looking for guidance from experienced screenwriters completing their third act.
- writers who have completed a full draft of their feature-length screenplay, but want to receive more formal education about the structure of the third act and/or want to take their third act into a workshop setting.
Participants will be placed in small group workshops of about nine. To apply, you should have a completed draft of the first two acts of a feature-length screenplay you want to work on in class. We recommend that you complete Sundance Collab’s Screenwriting: Core Elements prior to taking this course.
“This was a wonderful course for me. I got through my first-ever screenplay draft.” - Jimmy G., Los Angeles, CA, USA
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live. If you have any questions about the course, please email email@example.com.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, October 15 - December 12
- SCHEDULE: Friday, 9:30am - 12pm PT
- No Class: Friday, November 26
- Extended last class session: Friday, December 3 - 9:30am - 12:30pm PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between Dec 6 - Dec 12
Sundance Collab provides accommodations and support services to participants with disabilities. Accommodations and services are designed to meet the needs of each participant. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for services.
Have questions? We would be happy to answer them. Contact us anytime at email@example.com.