Applications are closed for this course, but are currently being accepted for the July offering.
Revise your feature film screenplay, with an accomplished screenwriter as your guide. In this intensive live, eight-week online course, you will rewrite your screenplay through assignments and feedback from small group workshops.
In class sessions, you will examine successful screenplays, gain a deeper understanding of core screenwriting concepts and how they move from script to screen. You will then move into a small group breakout session with a course advisor where you will workshop your writing and those of your peers, and continue to revise your script. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session with your advisor focused on your project.
By the end of the course, you will:
- sharpen your understanding of screenplay structure.
- hone your major dramatic question.
- refine the world and tone for your screenplay.
- further develop your characters, their dramatic problems, and antagonists.
- sharpen your dialogue.
- learn how to give notes to your peers and process notes from your peers and advisors.
- understand how to approach a rewrite.
This course is ideal for:
- writers who have completed a draft of their feature-length screenplay and are looking for guidance from other writers and/or experienced screenwriters in revising their screenplay.
- writers who have completed a full draft of their feature-length screenplay and want to receive more formal education about screenwriting and/or want to take their work into a workshop setting.
Participants will be placed in small group workshops of about nine. To apply, you should have completed a draft of the screenplay you plan to work on in the course.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
Sundance Co//ab provides accommodations and support services to participants with disabilities. Accommodations and services are designed to meet the needs of each participant. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange for services.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, May 18 - July 11
- SCHEDULE: Tuesday, 9:30am - 12pm PT
- Extended last class session: Tuesday, June 29, 9:30am - 12:30pm PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between July 5 - July 11