The application period for the course has ended. Watch the Sundance Co//ab newsletter for updates on future course offerings.
Learn the foundational elements of writing a horror/psychological thriller screenplay with an accomplished genre screenwriter as your guide. In this live, online course, you will develop a new script idea into an outline that can be used to create your first draft. These eight weeks will cover character arcs, film structure, atmosphere and setting, and the distinction between supernatural horror and psychological horror. Sessions include presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, April 23 - June 14
- SCHEDULE: Thursdays, 9am - 11am PT
- Extended first class session: Thursday, April 23, 9am - 12pm PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between June 8 - 14
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 30 at 2pm PT