In this live, three-hour, online master class, a public speaking expert reveals proven communication techniques you can deploy to build your confidence and enhance your presence for the many public pitches, networking events, and presentations required at every level of the film and media business. You’ll leave with a toolset of physical, emotional, and practical strategies that will help you command the room in any type of meeting or presentation.
Topics presented will include:
- Preparing for public presentations
- Conveying confidence and making a great first impression
- Using your voice and body language to help convey your message
- Adapting stage performance techniques to improve your presentation and persuasion skills
- Changing the course of a conversation if something unexpected happens
At the end of the workshop, there will be time for a handful of people to receive live coaching on their pitches. Anyone desiring feedback should come prepared with a pitch that is no more than 1 minute long and highlight the following 3 things: name/who you are; core focus of your project; and your 'ask'. The number of people who receive coaching during this class will be determined by the amount of time available.
This Master Class took place in our virtual classroom on Thursday, April 18 from 10:00AM - 1:00PM PST.