The application period for the course has ended. Watch the Sundance Co//ab newsletter for updates on future course offerings.
Expand on your director's toolkit with an experienced director as your guide, in this eight-week course. You will learn how to translate your work from script-to-screen; from breaking down your story, to directing actors, to visual storytelling. The course will focus on analyzing a scene from your feature script and then discussing it in class. Sessions include presentations, interactive exercises, and analysis. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project.
Eligibility requirement: Feature script and completion of Directing: Core Elements or feature script and completion of at least one short as director.
The course will be held live in our virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded for registered participants who are unable to attend live.
- DURATION: Eight weeks, March 20 - May 17
- SCHEDULE: Fridays, 10am - 12pm PT
- Extended first class session: Friday, March 20, 10am - 1pm PT
- No class on March 27
- Extended last class session: Friday, May 8, 10am - 1pm PT
- One-on-one mentoring sessions are held between May 10 - 17