The International Documentary Association's fall screening series is a curated collection of the most acclaimed documentary films of the year, bringing both films and the creators to industry insiders and film enthusiasts throughout the fall season. This year, the fall screening series moves online and will showcase 35 documentaries from October 2020 to January 2021 including 16 projects by BIPOC filmmakers, 20 by women-identified filmmakers, and 11 by filmmakers from our international community.
Films are available for viewing to IDA members only, on-demand 7 days prior to the filmmaker post-film conversation date.
Post-film conversation live-streams with creators and subjects are open to the public for free - members and non-members alike.
For October, the IDA will screen and host a total of 12 screenings & filmmaker Q&As, including some Sundance supported films.
- January 11, 2021 - SOFTIE (Director: Sam Soko)
- January 12, 2021 - I AM GRETA (Director: Nathan Grossman)
- January 13, 2021 - WELCOME TO CHECHNYA (Directors: David France)
- January 19, 2021 - THROUGH THE NIGHT (Director: Loira Limbal)
- January 20, 2021 - GUNDA (Director: Victor Kossakovsky)
- January 21, 2021 - OUR TIME MACHINE (Directors: S. Leo Chang, Yang Sun)
- January 25, 2021 - CODED BIAS (Director: Shalini Kantayya)
- January 26, 2021 - MLK/FBI (Director: Sam Pollard)
- January 27, 2021 - 76 DAYS (Directors: Hao Wu, Weixi Chen, Anonymous)
- January 28, 2021 - LANDFALL (Director: Cecilia Aldarondo)
For more information about IDA membership and see the full series lineup through January, click the Learn More button above.